Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My last one. Mi último

For those of you who have never had the experience, when you graduate from college in Mexico one of the requirements is to write a thesis. And your thesis director usually doesn't appreciate it if you disappear for months at a time to ride mules through the mountains. So here I start my trip interlude. 
Para aquellos que nunca han tenido la experiencia, cuando sales de una universidad en México se puede requerir hacer una tesis. Y generalmente tu director de tesis no es el más feliz si te escapas meses a montar mulas por las montañas. Asi es que aquí empiezo mi intermisión.
My mom and Leslie didn't make it out to us until the 21st or so, at which point we were all very bored. So the day they drive in... My dad came too!... Steve called it quits and after helping to unpack the truck we (Steve, dad, Luna, Lucky and I) said goodbye, wished everyone a great time and headed back to town! I wouldn't see mom again until a little over a month later, at the Meling Ranch... The point where we ended our first trip.
Mi mama y Leslie no llegaron a nosotros hasta el 21, creo, y para ese punto ya estábamos muy aburridos. Asi es que el día que llegan... My papá llega tambien!... Steve decidió salir con nosotros y despues de ayudarles a desempacar nos despedimos, les deseamos buena suerte y Steve, mi papá, Luna, Lucky y yo nos regresamos al pueblo. No vería a mi mamá otra vez hasta mas de una mes después en el Rancho Meling, donde habíamos finalizado nuestro primer viaje.
As I have no pictures or real stories of that month you will all have to pester my mom about that part! I can tell you it involved a plant biologist, a poisonous spider bite, lost mules and a buncha mountains.
Como no tengo fotos ni historias verdaderas de ese mes tendran que molestar a mi mamá para que les cuente. Solo sé que involucra una bióloga de plantas, una mordida por una araña venenosa, mulas perdidas y un montón de montañas.

No comments:

Post a Comment